Things We Saw Today: Leonardo (The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Variety) Meets Magritte
Things We Saw Today
- Via The Frisky, a group called QUantra is claiming to have captured a Sasquatch. They then moved it to an undisclosed location and have not released any additional information on (or evidence of) the subject. I see no reason to be suspicious at all.
- Kotaku tells us about a YouTube user who creates instructional videos on how to find and harass female gamers, all for the sake of “spreading awareness of a disease known as AWS (Attention Whore Syndrome),” as stated in one of the video descriptions. Oh, good. Because clearly female gamers don’t deal with enough harassment already. (via Skepchick)
- Via Topless Robot, the latest expansion pack for Star Wars: The Old Republic will allow players to flirt with NPCs of their same gender.
Here’s a trailer for the upcoming Spanish-language animated film Metegol, directed by Juan José Campanella, who directed the quite good 2006 Oscar-winner The Secret in Their Eyes in addition to many episodes of Strangers with Candy and House M.D.. This new film, featuring foosball players that come to life, looks pretty cute to me, even though I can’t read much Spanish and don’t care about soccer. (via Cinema Blend)
- Here is how you can help comic book author and sci-fi novelist Peter David, who suffered from a stroke last Sunday and is undergoing intensive physical therapy to regain the use of his right arm and leg.
- Our own Jill Pantozzi was interviewed about what 2013 will hold for the world of Whedon. Check it out at MTV.
Here’s our first look at Arrow‘s Firefly, played by Andrew Dunbar. Blastr has a few more pictures from the upcoming episode in which the villain makes his CW debut.
- If you’re one of those who didn’t like that Jay Z and Kanye West‘s “No Church in the Wild” was used in the first The Great Gatsby trailer (Why? It’s Baz Luhrmann. Who expects period accuracy?), I have some bad news: Jay Z will be scoring the film. (via ScreenRant)
- Here’s the story of a lost cat who was reunited with his owners after eight years. Oh God, the Homeward Bound feels, make them stop! (Jezebel)
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com