We may not get that Wolverine/Deadpool team up we’d hope for, but something equally awesome this way comes—a black female superhero not named Storm. Not to slight the white-haired mutant (she is my favorite, after all) but 20th Century Fox acts like she’s the only black heroine worthy of the big screen. With that said, it appears that Atlanta star Zazie Beetz has been cast as Domino in the upcoming Deadpool sequel. The announcement came via Ryan Reynolds, who posted an Instagram pic of her name spelled out with dominos. Haha, get it?
In the comics, she’s a probability-altering mutant who is also a member of X-Force. She also dates fellow mutant Cable and appears in a number of issues of Cable & Deadpool. It’s nice to see a person of color taking up such a major role, though this does not immediately solve the diversity problem plaguing most superhero films. (via Instagram)
- The first Atomic Blonde footage is here and I CANNOT contain my excitement! (via Birth Movies Death)
- Remember that story about Marines sharing nude photos of their female colleagues? It’s even worse than we thought. (via Business Insider)
- 13 key members of the Buffyverse explain why there shouldn’t be a Buffy the Vampire Slayer revival. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- Three giant, bird-eating tarantulas have been discovered. Have fun never ever sleeping again. (via Live Science)
- Steven Spielberg and J.J. Abrams are teaming up for a drama about a female Syrian refugee. (via The Wrap)
— KJ Apa (@kj_apa) March 9, 2017
- If you haven’t been watching the CW’s Riverdale, now would be a good time to start. Tonight’s episode finds the cast going retro. (cia ComicBook.com)
That’s it on our end. What did you all find?
(image via screencap)
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com