Dante Basco, who played Rufio in Hook back in 1991, has started up a Kickstarter to fund a short prequel movie about his character. Dante Basco is several decades too old to reprise the role in a prequel, so he will serve as executive producer. By the way, even though Basco can’t seem to escape the legacy of Rufio (and why would he want to???), he’s also famous for several other cool roles, like voicing Zuko in Avatar: The Last Airbender and, later, Iroh in The Legend of Korra. He’s willing to reprise the old story of Rufio if fans want it, though, and I’m guessing they will, since the project has already raised $25K. (via Nerdist, image via Giphy)
- SyFy has announced a “Cosplay Melee” competition show, even though that Heroes of Cosplay show was kind of a disaster. Hope this one turns out all right! (via Fashionably Geek)
- Scientists want to bring back the wooly mammoth–or, at least, an elephant/mammoth hybrid. But is that really a good idea? Ethically, or ecologically? According to Business Insider, that’s an ongoing debate.
- Hillary Clinton and Kate McKinnon recently had dinner together in New York. Wonder what they talked about!
— The Hill (@thehill) February 17, 2017
- This deleted scene from Moana shows that in an earlier draft, our heroine had six older brothers (!!!).
- Whatever happened to Jar Jar Binks after Revenge of the Sith? No one wants to know. Okay, very few people want to know. If you’re one of those people, grab a copy of the book Star Wars: Aftermath — Empire’s End. It’s all in there, apparently. No word yet on whether the book confirms all of those Darth Jar Jar theories. (via Polygon)
- Are you planning to see Logan, once it’s out? Keisha saw it and loved it–go read her review! Anyway, Babs Tarr did these fun promotional posters for the movie:
— [BΔBSARELLA] (@babsdraws) February 17, 2017
What did you see today?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com