Things We Saw Today: YouTube Series Shows How Cabaret Used Music to Warn Against Fascism
This awesome installment of Musical Hell‘s “Know the Score” series shows us how chillingly relevant the musical Cabaret still is, considering our current political climate. If you’ve ever wondered why art is so important, wonder no more. (via YouTube)
- Apparently, there’s even more to the Warner Bros. Batman drama than we thought. According to Jezebel, sources say that Ben Affleck is actively looking to get out of being Batman anymore.
- 41 House Democrats criticize the FCC for limiting low-income broadband subsidies. Thank you, House Dems, for standing up for equal internet access for everyone! (via The Verge)
I don’t hate them. That’s YOUR method. I love. Try it. It’s stronger than hate. It unites us. I promise it’s in you under the anger and fear https://t.co/RGnH4rrblq
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) February 13, 2017
Chris Evans seems to be making a career out of being Captain America in real life by continuing to fight real-life white supremacists like David Duke. We’re with you, Cap. (via The Huffington Post)
- Director Denis Villeneuve calls Blade Runner 2049 “The Biggest Artistic Challenge I’ve Had In My Life.” Bigger than squid aliens speaking through coffee stains? Whoa. (via Deadline Hollywood)
- This 145,000-Piece LEGO Jurassic Park roller coaster will make you wish it were real. (via io9)
- 45’s Labor Secretary nominee Andrew Puzder was accused of domestic violence by his former wife, who had once appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show in the past. Now, Winfrey has turned over the tape of the show to the Senate. However, Puzder’s ex wife has gone on record saying that what she said on the show was not true. Yowza. (via The Slot)
Well, that’s it from us, friends! What have you seen out there today?
(featured image via screencap)
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Follow The Mary Sue on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, & Google+.
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]