Things We Saw Today: Riverdale‘s Josie and the Pussycats Performing “All For Me”
There have been two episodes of Riverdale on The CW so far, and we’ve really been enjoying them. (You can watch them both on the CW website here, if you’d like.) One interesting aspect to the show is how big of a role music is playing in the overarching story. Whether you’ve seen the episodes or not, you should check out this clip of Josie and the Pussycats singing one of the songs from the show. If you like that, head over and watch their rendition of “Sugar, Sugar.”
- We live in a society that is completely bonkers when it comes to standards for women’s bodies, so Lady Gaga’s been receiving some scrutiny over her midriff area, which… honestly, I don’t even know how to respond to the ridiculousness of that. Lady Gaga herself found a way to address it in a post on her Instagram today, saying, “I’m proud of my body and you should be proud of yours too… Be you, and be relentlessly you.” (via Daily Dot)
- Here’s a new Power Rangers poster that shows off the heroes’ new costumes.
- The Twitter account for Guardians of the Galaxy has been tweeting little promotional videos of the movie’s characters doing some sick dance moves.
- The team behind the Scary Movie franchise and Epic Movie is working on a Star Wars parody. But, really, we already have Spaceballs. What more is there to add?
- The anti-vaxxer movement just keeps on growing, even though facts are not on their side. Speaking of which, Jess Zimmerman has a great piece over at Slate on how to counter lies with emotional evidence, rather than just restating the facts… especially since facts are sooo uncool these days.
- Are you a fan of Final Fantasy XV? Then you’re going to love this noodle fork.
- Lumberjanes is getting adapted into a series of kids’ novels!
That about wraps it up for us today. What’d you find out there?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org