Rogue One doesn’t start out the same way as the other Star Wars saga films, and some fans have a mind to fix that. Polygon has rounded up a handful of fan-made opening credits for the movie, none of which feel quiiiite right… do any of you want to make your own? Toss your examples into the Star Wars Intro Creator and share ’em with us!
- Black Lives Matter is developing an interactive map of Black-owned businesses. They’re planning to add a lot more in the next few weeks. (via Newsone)
- The latest teaser image for Alien: Covenant features Michael Fassbender seated at a piano. Fassbender will be playing two different robots in the movie: David and Walter. Not sure which one plays the piano. But… why not both?
- Martin Freeman and Amanda Abbington have split up, but apparently things are still amicable between the pair. That’s good, since Abbington plays Freeman’s wife on Sherlock… but in the original Sherlock Holmes stories, Watson’s relationships didn’t usually end well, so maybe she won’t be around for long. Spoilers for some really old books and stories, I guess?
- The latest LEGO Batman TV spots give us an all-too-brief glimpse at Harley Quinn (to be voiced by Jenny Slate). No lines appear in the teaser, or anything, but she does use her hammer to smash a car. Classic Harley!
- Did you know that Star Trek: TNG almost replaced Riker with a past version of Riker? It’s… complicated. But it definitely sounds like it would’ve made for some interesting episodes.
- In case you weren’t already feeling worried enough about everything, here’s a video from Kurzgesagt explaining the dangers of overpopulation. (via Laughing Squid)
- These cosplayers visited a mall Santa to get a Nightmare Before Christmas photo-op:
We kidnapped Mr. Sandy Claws pic.twitter.com/Owhbj2Y80l
Just so you all know, posts will be a little bit scarce over the weekend because we’ll all be enjoying a holiday break. We’ve still got some fun stuff scheduled for you, though, so keep an eye out for that!
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]