Things We Saw Today: Flo & Joan’s “2016 Song,” Featuring a Lot of Cathartic Swearing
Musicians Flo & Joan put together a little ditty that sums up how they feel about 2016 so far. There’s a whole lot of swearing. In particular, there’s a whole lot of endearing British swears that we don’t hear too often here on this side of the pond.
- Hamilton has just set a Broadway sales record. Can’t imagine why… hmmmmmm.
- Carrie Fisher feels she may have “ambushed” Harrison Ford by revealing their affair in her recent memoir, but she did at least send him a copy of the book ahead of time, and she told him the memoir included her diaries from the set of the first Star Wars. He didn’t get back to her, though. She doesn’t specify how long she gave him to read the book ahead of its release, but… he probably knew what was in there, right? Any 19-year-old gal would include her affair with Harrison Ford in her diary. Seems obvious.
- There’s a Google Chrome extension that will replace the phrase “alt-right” with “white supremacist.” By the way, the Associated Press has also recently released new guidelines for discussing the “alt-right” that echo the sentiment.
- Is another supernatural character joining Arrow? This tweeted photo of a script page seems to indicate as much.
- Nerdist talked to the creative team behind Iceman about the character’s new ongoing series and his coming-out story.
- Lucasfilm prez Kathleen Kennedy says Rogue One will be a standalone film with no sequel. If you want to know what happens next, you could always watch A New Hope… right?
That’s what we saw today! How about you?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]