Things We Saw Today: The Nintendo Switch’s Joy-Con Controller Makes For a Cute Puppy Plush
— AnnaTheRed (@TheAnnaTheRed) October 24, 2016
Have you noticed that the controllers for the Nintendo Switch console look a little bit like a dog? Plush designer Anna the Red created a plushie version of the Nintendo-inspired puppy. (via Polygon)
- Meg Elison’s comedy feature at McSweeney’s, “If Women Wrote Men the Way Men Write Women,” is a good explanation of how objectification works in text form, and how rare it is for male characters to get sexually objectified.
- Twitter has been struggling financially for a long time, and that’s about to result in a ton more layoffs, according to Bloomberg.
- /Film has a glimpse at the new vehicles in the LEGO Batman movie, including the Batmobile, and also Bat-boats, Bat-aircrafts, and the rest.
- Knight Rider, the 80s TV show about a talking car (among other things), will be getting a reboot helmed by Justin Lin. (via THR)
- The Walking Dead has already made some controversial choices this season, but this glimpse at some of the alternate scenes that the team put together look even worse. They only filmed those scenes so that no one (including the actors) would know what the “real” story would be, though. Those scenes weren’t ever necessarily going to end up in the final cut. Not sure if that’s any consolation, however.
- Coming Soon has revealed a couple of photos from the set of Ocean’s 8, the Ocean’s Eleven reboot starring Sandra Bullock and Cate Blanchett. Based on their fashion choices, it looks like Blanchett will be playing the wild card of the pair. That leopard coat! Dang.
That’s about it for us today. What did you see?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]