Things We Saw Today: Twin Peaks Music Trailer Sounds Hauntingly Familiar
Composer Angelo Badalamenti, who wrote the original score for Twin Peaks, is returning again to score the new series on Showtime. The network dropped a teaser trailer for the score yesterday on YouTube, which pairs Badalamenti’s haunting Laura Palmer theme with a backdrop of those familiarly lush Washington woods. Over 200 actors are returning for the limited series, which premieres in 2017.
- Cosplay mashups are one of my favorite sights to see, and this one–which pairs the classic Disney princess Snow White with the the 80s comic The Rocketeer–is both beautiful and brilliant. (via GeekTyrant)
- Does Supergirl need to feature Lex Luthor? Comic Book Resources makes the case for why the show should–and shouldn’t–cast former Lex-on-Smallville Michael Rosenbaum in the role.
- The popularity of Stranger Things cannot be denied–so much so that there’s even a Stranger Things-themed club night over in the U.K. now. If they don’t have Eggos, I’m out. (via The Daily Dot)
- NBC has chosen not to move forward with its comedy project Mail Order Family after a responding backlash over concerns of offensive stereotyping. (via Variety)
- Susan Schneider Williams, the wife of the late actor Robin Williams, has written a personal essay in a scientific journal which delves into the couple’s struggle to find a diagnosis for his debilitating condition. Williams died in 2014. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—