Things We Saw Today: This Popular Pokémon Go Guide Turned Out To Be Malware
There’s a super-popular app that managed to sneak onto the Google Play store called Guide for Pokémon Go. Hopefully, neither you nor anyone you know downloaded it, because it’s actually malicious software, as opposed to the helpful Pokemon Go guide that it purports to be! The Daily Dot reports that half a million people downloaded the app before it got removed from the store. Be careful what you download, folks! (image via Giphy)
- Another CG-animated Resident Evil movie is on its way, and it’s called Resident Evil: Vendetta. The CG Resident Evil movies are pretty fun, by the way–way more accurate to the world of the games than the live-action movies (which are also fun, just … not in the same way).
- Speaking of Resident Evil, the RE7 demo just got updated (and there’s a new trailer out), so now’s the time to boot it back up and see if you can’t figure out what puzzle you’re supposed to solve with the dummy finger.
- If you were a fan of The Secret of NIMH growing up, or the book on which it was based (Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH), or both, then you’ll love Atlas Obscura‘s in-depth feature story about Dr. John Bumpass Calhoun, whose experiments on rodents ended up inspiring the sci-fi story.
- Here’s the delightful Kristen Bell poking fun at the wage gap in a comedy video.
- Spike Lee released She’s Gotta Have It 30 years ago, and now, he’s working on a “contemporary update” to the story, as a Netflix series.
What’d you all find out there on the net today?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—