Things We Saw Today: The Golden Girls Get the Funko Pop! Treatment
Thank you for being a friend, Funko!
As announced at this weekend’s Toy Fair, our favorite mature ladies are getting the Funko Pop! treatment! Check out these awesome Golden Girls figures – perfect for your window sill at Shady Pines! No word yet on a release date. OMG, cute widdle Sophia! (via Robot 6)
- However, there is a release date for the as-yet-untitled Blade Runner sequel! January 12, 2018. That’s Martin Luther King Jr. Day weekend, so you’ll have extra time to catch a flick! (via Flavorwire)
- Jared Leto really just needs to stop it. That is all. (via Nerdist)
- Oh, and by the way, ABC’s Channing Dungey is now the first black (female!) president of a major network. No big deal. (via Jezebel)
- Speaking of women doing cool things, Jessica Chastain has started an all-female production company called Freckle Films committed to female talent in all areas of film. (via HitFix)
- If you heard about Kendrick Lamar being censored during his performance at The Grammys, CBS would like to clarify. (via The Fader)
- And lastly, Deadpool comic artist Reilly Brown’s wife recently had a son (yay!), and they all watched on the news as their home was destroyed in a fire (boo!) taking the greatest toll on all their new baby stuff. Check out Bleeding Cool to find out how you can help, if you want to support a comics creator you love in his hour of need.
See anything interesting today?
—Please make note of The Mary Sue’s general comment policy.—
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com