If you’re a Jim and Pam fan from The Office, then you know about the teapot. When a Secret Santa gets hijacked by Michael Scott, Jim Halpert’s very heartfelt gift for Pam gets passed off for iPods, but in the end, Pam ends back up with her gift and we fell more in love with these two idiots in love.
The problem? We were never told what was in the letter that Jim initially put inside the teapot. During the actual season 2 episode, Jim steals the note back and it isn’t until the end of the series that Pam even knows about it. So, what did the letter actually say?
According to star Jenna Fischer on The Office Ladies, it was John Krasinski’s goodbye to her.
“So I’m on camera and I open up this note that John’s written me, and I just start crying. I just start bawling. The first take was probably not usable. It was the sweetest note, and on camera, Pam says, ‘I’ll never say what it said, but just know it was perfect.’ Well, I’ll never say exactly what John wrote, but I will say, ‘Just know it was perfect.’”
Here are some other stories we saw out there today:
- Need something new to read? Our friends at The Portalist have you covered with 20 (20!) fantasy books that follow teenagers with magical abilities. Is your favorite on the list? (via The Portalist)
- And Matt Gaetz embarrassed himself on the View. Are we surprised? (via The Daily Beast)
- Let’s talk about astrology. (via NPR)
robert downey jr: ᵈᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ᵐʸ ʰᵃᵐˢᵗᵉʳˀ
— emily (@starksyndrome) February 21, 2020
- Elizabeth Warren taking on Mike Bloomberg paid off. Literally. (via Vanity Fair)
- So … that flour game in Emma …. what’s the deal with that? (via Slate)
Anything we missed out there today, Mary Suevians? Let us know in the comments below!
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]