All-New All-Different Pull Wisely: Jem and the Holograms Outrageous Annual #1
Welcome to the new Pull Wisely, TMS’ new video comic review series! Join the illustrious Jessica Lachenal and me as we go in-depth into a new comic. We’ll be offering reviews, critiques, and all sorts of thinks and feels about a brand new issue every single week… when we’re not making dumb jokes and puns about it. You know how things go around here at The Mary Sue.
This week’s issue: the Jem and the Holograms Outrageous Annual #1. We touch on the title’s very first annual, the stable of amazing female talent it showcases, and getting to know the series’ awesome characters.
But we don’t stop there! You said you wanted more recs, and we listened. At the end of the video, we give you our Top 5 Comics Recommendations for this week! In addition to Jem and the Holograms‘ first annual, check out:
- The Sandman: Overture #6 (DC/Vertigo) – the final installment in Neil Gaiman’s 6-part Sandman prequel. Art by Batwoman‘s J.H. Williams III.
- They’re Not Like Us #8 (Image) – one of Jessica’s favorite series turns it up a notch. Written by Eric Stephenson. Art by Simon Gane.
- The Cavalry: SHIELD 50th Anniversary #1 (Marvel) – continue the SHEILD love with Agent May’s first appearance in comics! Written by Jody Houser. Art by Luke Ross.
- Bee and PuppyCat #9 (BOOM! Studios) – one of the most adorable series in comics! Written by Patrick Seery. Art by Ji-in Kim.
- Doctor Who 11th Doctor Year Two #1 (Titan) – if you love Doctor Who, this is a great place to start with Eleven in comics. Written by Si Spurrier/Rob Williams. Art by Simon Fraser.
Let us know what you think of this new series! If you have anything you’d like to share about the comic, or if you’ve got a comic you’d like to recommend, please hit us up on Facebook, in the comments below, or tweet at us with #PullWisely.
Hope you like it, gang! We’ll see you next week with a brand new issue.
—Please make note of The Mary Sue’s general comment policy.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]