It’s Just Hair
Attn: David Ayers, the Internet.
— David Ayer (@DavidAyerMovies) March 2, 2015
You know what’s great? Making value judgements on a human based on their appearance. Did I say great? I meant stupid.
Normally it’s famous women who are met with public critiques after they change their appearance (remember what Felicia Day went through when she chopped her locks?) but for the last day or so, the internet has been buzzing over director David Ayer’s tweets of Jared Leto’s hair. You see, he’s getting a new look for his role as the Joker in Suicide Squad.
No big deal, right? Here’s a sample of headlines about Leto’s hair:
- Sad News, Jared Leto Cut Off His Beautiful Long Hair – Entertainment Tonight
- Jared Leto sacrifices hair, beard for The Joker; the Internet mourns – Stargazing
- Noooo! Jared Leto chops off his flowing hair – Page Six
- Jared Leto Cuts His Hair, His Fans Mourn Long Ombre Locks – US Weekly
- R.I.P. Jared Leto’s Fabulous Long Ombré Hair (2012–2015) – Vanity Fair
Let me reiterate—it’s just hair.