Things We Saw Today: Conspiracy Theories Get Animated in Inside Job Trailer
Plus The Crown, Halloween costumes, and more!
At today’s Tudum fan event, Netflix released a torrent of trailers, first looks, and photos from their comically huge upcoming content slate. There’s plenty to look forward to, but it was the trailer for Inside Job that really caught my eye.
Inside Job, which hails from the mind of Shion Takeuchi (Gravity Falls), is an adult animated workplace comedy that takes place at Cognito, Inc., a shadow government organization that creates and manages global conspiracies: everything from Illuminati-style secret societies to Bigfoot to lizard people to chemtrails gets namechecked in the trailer. The team is led by “anti-social tech genius” Reagan Ridley (Lizzy Caplan) who tries to manage her misfit team which includes Dr. Andre Lee (Bobby Lee), oblivious yes man Brett Hand (Clark Duke), monster military man Glenn Dolphman (John DiMaggio), and Reagan’s disgraced father Rand (Christian Slater).
The cast also includes Tisha Campbell as Gigi Thompson, the head of “PR and media manipulation”, Andy Daly as the agency boss, and Brett Gelman as alien co-worker Magic Myc. The trailer is filled with plenty of visual gags and quickfire jokes, and recalls the sci-fi office place shenanigans of Futurama with the irreverence of Rick and Morty. I mean, the “wake up sheeple” joke alone is worth the price of admission. Consider us intrigued!
Inside Job premieres October 22 on Netflix.
- Here are some truly terrible Halloween costumes for you to panic-buy last minute. (via io9)
- Okay, but how did Dear Evan Hansen go so so very wrong? (via Polygon)
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings is now the highest grossing film of the pandemic began. (via EW)
- Extraction, a Netflix film with Chris Hemsworth I completely forgot existed, is getting a sequel. (via Collider)
- Predictive math to figure out this weekend’s Tony award winners? Okay. (via THR)
- So much queer fall television content is flying at your screens! (via Autostraddle)
- And now, a message from Imelda Stauntion aka the Queen:
48 colors of the moon, shot over 10 years by Italian photographer Marcella Giulia Pace https://t.co/Oo58WZrUGr pic.twitter.com/L29xrMKjHJ
— Meredith Frost (@MeredithFrost) September 24, 2021
A message from Imelda Staunton, our new Queen Elizabeth. Season 5, coming November 2022. pic.twitter.com/OfpgrPGOXx
— The Crown (@TheCrownNetflix) September 25, 2021
Hope you’re having a soothing Saturday, Mary Suevians!
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]