Things We Saw Today: Harrison Ford Does Not Know What a Force Ghost Is and for That We Love Him
God bless our cool dad, Harrison Ford, and his press tour for The Call of the Wild (read our glowing review here). So far we’ve seen him calling Trump a son of a bitch and now we have the wonderful revelation that Ford does not know what a Force Ghost is, nor does he care how his character came back for that scene in The Rise of Skywalker. (Though he was happy to work with Adam Driver again.)
Speaking to USA Today, Ford was asked if he thought Han was a Force ghost when he returned (he wasn’t of course). “A Force ghost? I don’t know what a Force ghost is,” Ford replied and then covertly added: “Don’t tell anyone. I’m not talking loud enough for your recorder. I have no (expletive) idea what a Force ghost is. And I don’t care!”
This is the kind of thing you get to do when you are a living legend, and we should all be so lucky as to achieve Ford’s Nirvana-like level of no fucks given.
And that’s not even the tip of the iceberg for Ford’s truly Wild press tour. It’s given us so many gifts.
Harrison Ford: Actor, activist, a whole SNACK! 🔥 pic.twitter.com/loh2Dncmjk
— Entertainment Tonight (@etnow) February 15, 2020
A snack indeed.
Also, we can’t forget this delightful shoutout to Mark Hamil!
As it turns out, YOU are the reason Harrison Ford is so cool!
Thank you for the fun “fan question,” sir! Mr. Ford lit up when he realized it was from you!
— Jake Hamilton (@JakesTakes) February 15, 2020
Hamil for his part was characteristically sweet about it.
— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) February 16, 2020
So while the world continues to be confusing and terrible, don’t mind us as we just bask in the coolness and glory that is Harrison Ford.
Oh, and here are some other things we saw today.
- We agree: The Flash is the best it’s ever been, especially since they’ve finally let Iris West be black! (via TVGuide.Com)
- The above is from an amazing set of articles from TV Guide online on the Rise of Black Superheroes for Black History Month and we love it. (Via TvGuide.Com)
- Everything is fine, no reason to be concerned by thousands of worried judges meeting because the President is intervening in cases. (via The Hill)
- In Bruges follow up, anyone? (via Deadline)
- Honest Trailer for one of our favorite movies of 2019? Yes Please.
- Doctor Who Build-a-Bear! (via Io9)
- Ana De Armas is Vanity Fair’s new Cover Girl. Perfect. (via Vanity Fair)
- In case you missed it, no, a Pete Buttigieg staffer was NOT pretending to be a Nigerian man. (via Buzzfeed)
- Guinea Pigs.
To leap the unleapable chasm. pic.twitter.com/MRbgBIgh0Y
— Dick King-Smith HQ (@DickKingSmith) February 18, 2020
What did you see today?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org