Things We Saw Today: Deadpool 2 Honest Trailer Is a Big Surprise
I don’t want to give this one away. I’ve already said too much.
How does an Honest Trailer go completely off the rails? Just like this. Well done, Screen Junkies. You win this round.
Just watch the thing.
(via YouTube, image: 20th Century Fox)
- While we’re on the subject of Deadpool 2, it seems that from early concept art, the Fantastic Four were supposed to make an appearance. Maybe they were wisely kept away because the presence of the Fantastic Four inevitably ruins anything cinematic that they touch. (via Den of Geek)
- Keeping the ball rolling with this superhero movie theme, over at Collider, Adam Chitwood wrote a brave, excellent take about disliking Infinity War. Adam, let’s be friends. (via Collider)
- The beautiful people over at Syfywire wrote up our panel on LGBTQ+ fanfiction history that Marvel comics writer Leah Williams and your own Princess Weekes participated in at Flame Con. Oh yeah, I was there too. Added bonus: you can listen to us talk about queerness and fic thereafter on Syfy’s THE FANDOM FILES podcast. (via Syfywire)
- Danny Boyle (Trainspotting, Slumdog Millionaire) is no longer directing the next Bond movie, which is thought to be Daniel Craig’s last. Sad news if you’re a Danny Boyle fan, but we’re still sitting here on tenterhooks waiting for news about Idris Elba. (via io9)
- Everyone associated with Donald Trump is either being found guilty or pleading guilty to all of the crimes today, apparently. (via Mediaite)
… And i’m crying again 😭 pic.twitter.com/8K1JtkmcpV
— Monica Chon (@MonicaChon) August 20, 2018
So what did you see today?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com