Rumor: Dark Knight Scribe to Reboot Superman (UPDATE)
Ahh, superhero movie rumors. What better fodder for nerds in the know to ingest, chew over, and regurgitate until more concrete information appears. And who better to have rumors about than the biggest, baddest goodest, spit-curliest one of all, Superman.
The Latino Review, an excellent source for movie information that may or may not prove to be true in the future, has an anonymous source claiming a number of things about the upcoming Superman reboot. Primarily, that David Goyer has been hired to write the screenplay.
The Latino Review’s source also dropped these juicy details: (semi-NSFW for Spanish language profanity)
- Thomas Tull, the head of Legendary, got tired of all the discussion and decided chingate, let’s do it. So he went to Goyer and Goyer had an idea that actually takes the movies back to the John Byrne incarnation. Modern. Believable. FUN! So Tull got Goyer hired.
- The film will not be called Superman and will be called THE MAN OF STEEL.
- Brandon Routh will not star in the film.
- Nic Cage will NOT star in the fllm (lol)
- Bryan Singer is not expected to direct.
David Goyer is the writer behind the Blade movies, Batman Begins, and the story that The Dark Knight was written around. Perhaps the best psudeo-news that the Latino Review has for fans is that this new Superman movie will not include his origin story. More anonymous details can be found in the Review’s full article.
Update: This rumor has been confirmed false by Ain’t It Cool News. While Goyer is a possibility, the project has not reached the script stage yet.