Things We Saw Today: Danger Girl Is Getting a Feature Film Adaptation
Plus Keanu, Keanu,and more Keanu!
Say hello to Danger Girl, the latest comic book property to get its own feature film. Jeff Wadlow (Kick Ass 2) has signed on to direct the film, which follows the Charlie’s Angels mold of a team of gorgeous female secret agents kicking ass and saving the world in skimpy outfits. The film will be produced by Constantin Films, famous for their Resident Evil movies. Hey, those guys know how to make movies about ladies fighting in slow-motion in skin-tight outfits.
The film is described as “Abby Chase finds herself teamed with a trio of elite operatives — Sydney Savage, Natalia Kasstle, and “Silicon” Valerie — and dispatched on a globe-trotting adventure to find and secure a series of objects with destructive power coveted by the evil neo-nazi collective called the Hammer Syndicate.”
No casting announcements have been made yet for the film, which is based on the comic book series created by J. Scott Campbell and Andy Hartnell in 1998. A movie version has been in development hell since the late 90s, with an assortment of different actors and directors attached, inclung Milla Jovovich, Kate Beckinsale, and Sofia Vergara.
The whole thing has a very 90s feel to it, especially the lack of women behind the scenes. Here’s hoping for a kitschy, tongue-in-cheek adaptation as opposed to the typical “hot girls with big guns” we’ve seen time and time again.
(via Deadline, image: IDW)
- A new film based on Transit, the Anna Seghers novel, is here to mess with your mind. (via Pajiba)
- The 2020 presidential candidates will debate LGBTQ issues in a forum this fall. (via The Advocate)
- A set of new posters have been released for John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum and thank God that dog is still okay. (via Collider)
- Lizzo is changing the game yet again as Playboy’s newest plus-size centerfold. (via Hello Giggles)
- Turns out that Jenny McCarthy’s autism charity is a money-making scheme built on false science. Who knew?! (via Jezebel)
- Speaking of Keanu Reeves, Bill and Ted Face the Music is coming August, 2020. Be excellent to each other. (via Coming Soon)
What are you up to this Wednesday, Mary Suevians?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]