Things We Saw Today: Crunchyroll Will Be Launching Exclusive Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Hoodie Collection
Starting today, Crunchyroll is launching pre-orders for its newest CR Loves collection. This one highlights the popular mecha anime franchise: “Gundam Wing” x Crunchyroll.
This collection will consist of six hoodies featuring the iconic mobile suits from Gundam Wing—Heero Yuy’s Wing Gundam, Duo Maxwell’s Deathscythe, and Zech Marquis’ Epyon. It will be exclusive to the Crunchyroll Store and will have a limited pre-order window from May 7 – May 14.
In addition, Crunchyroll and HBOMax shared a press release that announced they were going to be teaming up to bring more anime content to more eyes. HBO Max subscribers will have access to 17 awesome anime titles including the great Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Additionally, HBO Max subscribers can watch a collection of series from Crunchyroll’s catalog of 1000+ streaming titles.
“The HBO brand is known for premiere content and innovative storytelling. By bringing series from Crunchyroll to HBO Max, we hope to introduce anime to a wider audience who appreciates compelling stories told through this dynamic medium,” said Joanne Waage, General Manager, Crunchyroll. “Together with HBO Max, we are delivering the maximum reach for these incredible anime series, and we can’t wait for new fans to fall in love with anime.”
More anime, less problems.
- Andy Serkis, the actor who gave us Gollum, an iconic performance, will be doing a live reading of The Hobbit in one marathon sitting on Friday. (via CNN)
- Politico has an interesting historical piece on America’s first female terrorist group that was responsible for bombing the U.S. Capitol and plotted Henry Kissinger’s murder. (via Politico)
Westworld’s @jfreewright was on set in an active prison for a year and a half for the HBO movie “O.G.” His costars were actual inmates. One of them recently died due to COVID-19. Thank you Jeffrey for opening up about the changes needed behind bars @EW https://t.co/l1mT8t9CH9
— Omar Sanchez (@OhMySanchez) May 7, 2020
- Beanie Feldstein is a leading lady and there is no, if, and, or, buts about it. (via Variety)
- Dame Judi Dench says that her outfit in cats looks like “Five Foxes F-ing on My Back” and even that is fairly civil on her part. (via Comicbook)
- Shocking news, but the fans of Joe Exotic’s “zoo” are crowding the area. So much for social distancing right there. (via Variety)
What did you see today?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]