Things We Saw Today: How Did I Miss This Possible Captain Marvel Easter Egg in Infinity War???
Apparently, this Easter egg was making the rounds on Reddit a while back, but I missed it because, well, Reddit. But better late than never for a good old fashioned Easter egg freak-out.
HOLY SHIT pic.twitter.com/3EuJL7N891
— Ari (@R_E_L_K) August 6, 2018
Yes, that’s Thanos’ goon Cull Obsidian wearing what very much appears to be Captain Marvel’s costume as a fancy sash. If that’s what we’re seeing—and maybe it isn’t—what does that mean? IGN lays it out:
We know that Captain Marvel’s movie is set in the 90s, so this could mean that she crossed paths with Cull Obsidian between then and now. The fact that he’s wearing the sash could mean it’s a war trophy from when he bested Captain Marvel in combat. That might explain why Captain Marvel has been out of commission and wasn’t around to help save Earth from Thanos (or from any other catastrophic disaster since the ’90s).
What do you all think? Is that Carol Danvers’ sash or nah?
- Riot Games responded to yesterday’s report from Kotaku detailing allegations of deeply ingrained systemic harassment and discrimination. (via ESPN)
- This is a great interview with Stefani Robinson, Atlanta’s sole female writer. (via The Wrap)
- This profile of Yara Shahidi’s activism is also great. (via THR)
- I don’t know what’s happening in this trailer for The Nutcracker and the Four Realms. It looks like a mess but I also kind of really want to see it maybe?
— Walt Disney Studios (@DisneyStudios) August 8, 2018
- Related: I can’t tell if I’m excited to see The Meg or not. I can’t tell if it’s going to be hate-watch-bad or just bad-bad. Honestly, the same can be said for a lot of the red carpet looks from the movie’s premiere. (via Go Fug Yourself)
- The incredible hosts of My Favorite Murder are writing a book!!!! (via BuzzFeed)
(image: Marvel Comics)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org