Things We Saw Today: Anna and the Apocalypse Trailer Brings a Musical Twist to the End of the World
Plus Serial and more!
Get ready for the holiday hit of the season: Anna and the Apocalypse, which one critic describes as being “Shaun of the Dead meets La La Land.” Set in the town of Little Haven, Anna and her friends must contend with the end of the world during the middle of the holidays. The film, though set to be a pop-y musical, will also be a thoughtful piece with a third act that USA Today describes as being somewhat “downbeat.”
“It feels good, it’s fun, but the film does leave room for thought,” says star Ella Hunt, who plays the titular Anna. “It is quite dark and people should come away thinking about the violent world we’re leaving for our kids.”
The film premiered at Fantastic Fest last year. It will see limited release in America on November 30th, and will expand nationwide on December 7th. Check out the delightfully bonkers trailer below, and pencil it in to your busy holiday movie schedule.
- After calling Netflix out over a pay disparity, Wanda Sykes is getting her own comedy special on the streaming service. (via Vulture)
- Mollie Tibbett’s father released a powerful statement. (via Facebook)
- Michael B. Jordan posted a message that Warner Media has promised to include inclusion riders behind the scenes of their productions. (via Instagram)
- Serial says that season three will tackle the “extraordinary ordinariness” of the legal system. (via Pajiba)
- Rick Berman has given his blessing to Michael Chabon’s involvement in the upcomg Picard Star Trek series. (via TrekMovie)
(via USA Today; Image: Orion Pictures)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com