Six video game couples that have stuck with me over the years, each representing a different sort of love.
Things We Saw Today: Marceline the Munny Queen
by Jill Pantozzi | 5:02 pm, November 14th, 2013
A sweet Marceline figure from Etsy user SciurusCustoms. They’ve also got a Korra and a few other nerdy munnies you might dig.
- Sexy Loki, Queer Tricksters, and the Problem with LGBT Villains (via Comics Alliance)
- A nice interview with Trina Robbins over at Comic Book Resources about her upcoming Fantagraphics book, Pretty In Ink: North American Women Cartoonists 1896-2013.
- Heidi MacDonald writes “Comics have hit puberty…and it’s not pretty” over at The Beat. It covers some recent events in the comic industry concerning creator Tess Fowler naming a comics professional who harassed her (and possibly others) and calling on all comics professionals, men and women, to work to keep harassment from being a dirty industry secret.
- How Using Sexy Female Avatars in Video Games Changes Women (via Time.com)
- R.I.P. Shirley Mitchell, last surviving adult cast member of I Love Lucy (via AV Club)
- Blue Peter and CBBC would like children (ages 6-15) to design a new sonic device for Doctor Who characters either Strax, Madame Vastra or Jenny. The winning designer will get to go to the set of the show and see their sonic-whatever featured in an episode! Find out more here.