Things We Saw Today: Gina Rodriguez Gathers Hollywood Power Latinas to Be Fabulous Together
It’s nice to be Gina Rodriguez these days. Not only does she have a Golden Globe under her belt for her popular TV show, Jane the Virgin, but she gets to surround herself with other successful Hollywood Latinas to remind us all of the sheer fabulousness that exists and working to increase solidarity behind the scenes to make the entertainment industry better.
Among those that gathered at her home were several of Rodriguez’s Jane co-stars, as well as cast members from Netflix’s One Day at a Time, Fox’s Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and other Power Latinas like Rosario Dawson and America Ferrera. In addition to the above photo, Rodriguez (and several of her guests) were Instagramming live to spread the Latina love! Rodriguez pulled Fererra into the frame at one point and said something like “I’m gonna do a movie with this girl!” That, I’d love to see! (via Gina Rodriguez on Instagram)
- Check out French artist JR, who hosted a giant picnic across the U.S.-Mexico border. (via i-D)
- If you love books, and you probably do if you’re here, check out these amazing pillow books: pillow-sized recreations of your favorite novels. Perfect for when late-night reading turns into late-night snoozing. (via Nerdist)
This tortoise, Larry, became best friends with this golden retriever after being rescued from an educational zoo 🐢❤️🐕 pic.twitter.com/mf65Hjop7w
— BuzzFeed News (@BuzzFeedNews) October 16, 2017
Let this amazing inter-species friendship inspire you! (via Buzzfeed)
- This Stranger Things cake could be just the thing your Season 2 viewing party needs! (via Refinery 29)
- Apparently, a TV series based on Nancy Drew is in the works…again. (via Variety)
- Check out this preview of Garfield creator Jim Davis’ first Marvel comic, which centers around Galactus! (via Nerdist)
What have you seen out there in the wild internet today?
(image: Gina Rodriguez/Instagram)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org