Things We Saw Today: This Spider-Gwen Fanimation Makes Us Wish She Had a TV Show
— Allegra Town Studio (@Allegra_Town) December 26, 2015
Allegra Town, a small animation studio, has created some fantastic video clips showing their take on an animated Spider-Gwen. You can watch the first draft of their footage here, and the second draft in the embedded tweet above! It’s just a “fanimation,” but it’s nice to dream, huh?
- Freddie Mercury’s isolated vocal track from “We Are the Champions” showcases his immense and unforgettable talent. (via Boing Boing)
- Comic Republic, a startup based in Lagos, Nigeria, aims to tell more stories featuring African superheroes. Chief executive Jide Martin told Quartz, “I thought about when I was young and what I used to make my decisions on: What would Superman do, what would Batman do? I thought, why not African superheroes?”
- Here’s a sneak peek at Pixar’s Moana, staring 14-year-old newcomer Auli’i Cravalho as the title character and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson as Maui.
- Will Smith mourns the loss of his Independence Day character: “It was terrible when I found out my character died. The [Independence Day: Resurgence] trailer looks really cool… I’m going to be sitting around with tears in my eyes when that one comes out.” (via io9)
- The Force Awakens is on the verge of dethroning Avatar‘s box office records. Stay on target … ! (via EW)
- Agent Carter‘s second season is getting pushed back again — but only in the UK. She’s working with the Americans now, after all.
What’d you see on the internet today?
—Please make note of The Mary Sue’s general comment policy.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]