Things We Saw Today: Aquaman May Have Found Its Villain With The Get Down‘s Yahya Abdul-Mateen II
It looks like James Wan’s Aquaman may have found its villain. Reports say Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, who plays Cadillac on Netflix’s The Get Down, is in early talks to join the film as the DC Comics villain Black Manta. The film already stars Jason Momoa in the titular role, Amber Heard as Mera and Willem Defoe as Aquaman’s confidante, a scientist named Dr. Vulko. Patrick Wilson will also star as another villain who happens to be Aquaman’s half brother. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- That Supergirl/The Flash crossover just got better. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’s Rachel Bloom co-wrote a song called “Superfriends,” which is to be performed by Grant Gustin and Melissa Benoist. (via BuzzFeed)
- Boy Scouts of America will now transgender boys to take part in their scouting programs. (via Associated Press)
- This side-by-side comparison video shows the impressive lengths filmmakers went through to create five different versions of Hill Valley. (via SlashFilm)
- Here’s your first look at Rihanna in Bates Motel. (via Entertainment Weekly)
- Google employees have staged a protest over Donald Trump’s #MuslimBan. (via The Verge)
- Nothing to see here, just J.K. Rowling absolutely destroying trolls on Twitter. (via UPROXX)
- Twitter exec admits they “didn’t move fast enough” with regard to harassment and says changes are coming. But is this a case of too little, too late? (via Engadget)
- If you’re not worries about spoilers, Stan Lee’s cameo in Netflix’s The Defenders has been revealed. (via Slashfilm)
That’s it on our end. What did you all find?
(image via screencap)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org