It’s time to step your mixtape game up. NASA just released a review of all the cool things they did in 2016 and their mixtape is pure fire. Highlights include their first asteroid sampling mission when they launched OSIRIS-REx into space, Operation IceBridge measuring the Antarctic ice for the eighth year in a row, Hubble helping us confirm that the observable universe contains 10 times more galaxies than we previously thought, and finally, mapping the gravity field of Mars (humanity’s possible future home). Plus, NASA finished building the James Web Space Telescope, which is set to launch in 2018 and search for life on other planets. (via Gizmodo)
- Congratulations are in store for Rogue One. The movie just reached $790 million worldwide. (via Coming Soon)
- Natalie Portman might not be done with the Marvel universe just yet. While she definitely won’t be in Thor: Ragnarok, she says “hopefully one day” she’ll return. (via SlashFilm)
- Here’s a look at Shadowhunters Season 2 before it premieres on Monday evening. Beware, there be spoilers in these parts. (via TV Line)
- Aquaman is bringing in some special reinforcements to make sure those stunts look great on screen. They’ve employed the awesome team from Mad Max: Fury Road. (via Slash Film)
- Logan has found a new composer. Director James Manigold revealed on Twitter that Marco Beltrami has signed onto the project. You might his recognize his sound from such films as The Shallows, Snowpiercer, The Wolverine, 3:10 to Yuma and Warm Bodies. (via The Playlist)
That’s it on our end. What did you all see?
(image via NASA)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]