Things We Saw Today: New Legend of Korra Comic Picks Up Where TV Series Left Off
Dark Horse Comics will release a new The Legend of Korra graphic novel series by co-creator Michael Dante DiMartino, drawn by Irene Koh, with covers by Heather Campbell, colors by Jane Bak, and consultation from Korra co-creator Bryan Konietzko. The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars will be the official continuation of the series, and begins with Korra and Asami returning to Republic City after their visit in the spirit world.
- In horrible people ruin great things for everyone news: Chrissy Teigen has put her amazing Twitter on private because of trolls in her mentions. Teigen says she’s “not strong enough anymore” to deal with it, and we don’t blame her. (via The Daily Dot)
- Workers from McDonalds across the nation are going to protest the company’s harassment problem. (via Jezebel)
The first trailer for the Jacqueline Kennedy biopic Jackie is here, and Natalie Portman’s portrayal of the former first lady in the midst of grief will no doubt be a powerful one. (via Deadline)
- Suicide Squad is getting an extended cut, which means we’ll get to see what we missed in Jared Leto’s performance. Will Leto, who was unhappy with the few scenes his Joker had in the theatrical cut, be happier with this version? (via Birth.Movies.Death.)
- Pearl Mackie, the new Doctor Who companion, talks about new fame, not having too much experience with time travel, and all the stuff she can’t say in this interview with The Guardian.
- Finally, it looks like Gilmore Girls has put Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel as the top two drama earners this season. Head over to Netflix for some Gilmore Girls recaps and a featurette titled, “We’re Back.” (via Women and Hollywood)
That’s what we saw today, what did you see?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org