Things We Saw Today: Adele’s “Hello” Performed By 29 Disney & Pixar Characters
Somehow this video combines two of my favorite things: Adele parodies and Disney characters (okay, I’m also a sucker for a good musical impressionist too).
- Candace Payne, the woman who went viral yesterday for posting her “Happy Chewbacca” video (even receiving a message from Peter Mayhew himself who said it was a “lovely video to come out on [his] birthday”), said she’s “OVERWHELMED with gratitude” for all the love from people. “Let’s keep belly laughing again and again.” Meanwhile, the Chewbacca mask, which normally retails for $20, is currently sold out online–but Kohl’s is giving Payne’s family masks of their own too. (via THR)
- Director Paul Verhoeven, who’s best-known for films like the original Total Recall and Basic Instinct, said he wants less superhero movies and more films with “a bit more normality”. (via The Playlist)
- This SpongeBob/Spider-Gwen mashup has to be seen to be believed (or, as the artist calls it, “GwenBob SquareHoodie.” (via GeekTyrant)
- The Honolulu couple who were allegedly assaulted by a police officer after he witnessed them kissing in a supermarket have been awarded $80,000 in a settlement. (via The Honolulu Star-Advertiser)
- J.J. Abrams and Justin Lin worked to stop the CBS/Paramount lawsuit against Star Trek fans for their fan films. (via GammaSquad)
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—