Great news! All episodes of The Powerpuff Girls is heading to Hulu. On March 24, you’ll be able to binge both the original series (which ran from 1998-2005) as well as the 2016 reboot. Both have aired on Cartoon Network.
In honor of the big event, young girls can participate in a contest that will put a spotlight on real life Powerpuff Girls. The initiative will highlight girls throughout the country who are doing incredible things and inspiring others along the way.
The program will culminate with a special one-day event for up to 100 girls between 8-12 years of age from local organizations and school. The event will include celebrity guest speakers, inspirational stories and activities that encourage female empowerment. Sounds like fun!
Here’s how to participate:
- Post a photo or a video of yourself or a friend on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter and tag it with #RealLifePowerpuff.
- Head to RealLifePowerpuff.com to share their story. Selected participants will be featured on the site and given the chance to win Powerpuff Girls prize bags.
- Girls must be 13 years old to participate although a parent or guardian may submit entries for those younger than 13.
- All stories must be originally shared on one of the following platforms: Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter or Instagram
- Tag stories with #RealLifePowerpuff and #contest
- All entries must be submitted before March 10, 2017.
Do you know any real life Powerpuff Girls doing incredible things?
(image via screencap)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]