Things We Saw Today: Mark Hamill Stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! to Auction Off His Capri Pants
Plus Alex Garland, Netflix, and more!
What did we ever do to deserve Mark Hamill? The erstwhile Luke Skywalker is a continually delightful presence on Twitter, at San Diego Comic Con, and in pretty much everything he does. Hamill swung by the set of Jimmy Kimmel Live! during a segment on an upcoming prop auction, where Harrison Ford’s jacket from The Empire Strikes Back is expected to sell for $1.3 million (sidebar: can anyone loan me $1.3 million dollars? I swear I’m good for it).
Looking to cash in on the auction, Hamill offers up a pair of red capri pants that he claims to have worn in the Star Wars films, bringing some photoshopped proof of his “padawan peddle pushers”. After Kimmel assures him that his audience won’t pay for the pants, Hamill halves the price and offers to throw in a Chewbacca hairball for free. The salesmanship is strong with this one.
- Annihilation‘s Alex Garland is headed to FX with a limited series tech thriller called Devs, which stars Sonoya Mizuno (Ex Machina) and Nick Offerman. (via io9)
- Evangeline Lilly talks about not over-sexualizing Hope van Dyne in Ant-Man and the Wasp. (via Comicbook.com)
- Chris Rock is starring in season four of FX’s Fargo, which will be set in the 1950’s. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- TV writers’ rooms, like most workplaces, have no idea how to accommodate pregnant women and parents. It’s called paid family leave, get it together, America. (via CNN)
- Is Netflix throwing shade at Jessica Jones/Luke Cage shippers? And can I volunteer Cajones as their portmanteau? (via Comicbook.com)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org