Things We Saw Today: Key & Peele Reunite for Delightful Toy Story 4 Teaser
Yesterday, we got to see the first teaser trailer for Toy Story 4. The short trailer introduced us to a new character, Forky, and also sent us spiraling into existential Pixar despair, questioning the very nature of life itself and who has control over sentience in this world. Was Forky always aware of their own existence, or do children have the ability to bring an object to life simply by sticking some googly eyes on it?
These are the questions that live inside us now, irrevocably.
Luckily, another teaser trailer was released today to give us a respite from this anguish. It introduces us to two other characters, Ducky and Bunny, voiced by the incredible Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele, respectively.
The teaser is a throwback to the iconic Key & Peele “Liam Neesons” bits, but it’s also super specific to their new carnival prize characters. Josh Cooley, the film’s director, said this of their collaboration:
“Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele, who voice Ducky and Bunny, are two of the most brilliant minds I’ve ever seen. Of course, they are effortlessly funny, which would be enough. But they are incredible actors that understand story. Their improvs weren’t just for comedy sake, they were story motivated which elevated Ducky and Bunny and the film to a level I never could have expected.”
What do you think of the new teaser trailer?
- We’ve also got our first Elseworlds Barry Allen/ Oliver Queen crossover teaser. (via ComingSoon)
- John Williams wrote a new arrangement for his Star Wars love theme, “Across the Stars.” (via Nerdist)
- Some of the newly elected women of Congress are already hanging out together. (via Twitter Moments)
- The “Art of” book for Infinity War has some cool reveals, a few Easter eggs, and some context for key moments in the movie. (via Comic Book Movie)
- So it’s not actually his last, but this Stan Lee cameo is really adorable.
Stan Lee’s last cameo pic.twitter.com/UaH3fprNfX
— . (@Maniklite) November 12, 2018
What did you all see out there today?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]