Infographics Constructed in Real Life
We’ve posted plenty of infographics in our day, and this has to be one of the coolest sets we’ve seen: Columbian photographer Jose Duarte has used real-world materials to construct a series of infographics representing the state of the Internet. These are a lot more memorable than the bevy of overly graphic-designed infographic SEO plays by insurance companies and online schools, no? Hopefully this proof of concept leads to more compelling data visualization across the Web.
1. Emails sent every day — Spam versus genuine messages:
2. Comparing Twitter followings circa 2010:
3. Internet users worldwide, 2000-2010:
4. 2000 and 2010 Internet compared:
5. Internet users by country: