Helpful Suggestions for Your Ides of Trump Postcards
Maybe he should worry about stuffed mailboxes more than ballot boxes.
Let us send a flood to the White House—a flood of “this is what democracy looks like.”
Today, on the Ides of March, there’s a movement dedicated to piling the White House with postcards of our grievances (or prophecies):
ON MARCH 15TH, 2017 EACH OF US WILL MAIL THE WHITE HOUSE A POSTCARD THAT PUBLICLY EXPRESSES OUR VOCAL OPPOSITION TO THE NEW PRESIDENT. AND WE, IN VAST NUMBERS, FROM ALL CORNERS OF THE WORLD, WILL OVERWHELM WASHINGTON.
Suggestions and ideas:
- A thank you for ripping up Healthcare
- A list of his shattered promises, verbatim, such as “Healthcare for everyone”
- A list of his crummy promises that hurt your immigrant and refugee friends
- Hands off my pussy!
- Dear President Bannon, um, I mean, Trump …
- Sketches of Lady Justice and Lady Liberty staring disapprovingly up
- The moral benefits of accepting immigrants and refugees into our borders
- Since he’s deft to morality and obsessed about profit, the economic benefits of accepting immigrants and refugees
- Congrats on the popular vote!
- Bible verses like “love thy neighbor”
- Constructive criticism for your presidency (reiterated)
- Why America was great (until you came along)
- Why America is still great (in spite of you)
What NOT to write: Threats and insinuations of violence. We’re not the stab-happy Senate of Julius Caesar. The goal is just to be heard.
Mail it to:
The President (for now)
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
Feel free to steal these suggestions, but remember, your message will be your own thing.
(featured image via Shutterstock)
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—