Things We Saw Today: Happy Birthday Carrie Fisher, We Miss You
Each year on her birthday, we remember the incredible human being and force of nature that was Carrie Fisher. The legendary Fisher was Princess Leia, Marie in When Harry Met Sally, and wildly honest writer who has meant the world to me and many others for decades. Fisher is someone who filled the world with wry humor and ready wit via her writing and her ability to share her life with us, even when it wasn’t the most easy to share.
It was through her words that she brought us joy and through her acting that we believed that anything could be possible. She constantly inspired her audience to be true to ourselves and embrace the things that make us unique. Fisher is my hero and always has been because she never hid who she was from the world. She was flawed and shared it with her fans, and through her own often scorching self-examination, she provided a mirror to ourselves as well.
Her legacy is something that has lived on these past five years without her on her birthday. We share stories of how much she means to us, we celebrate her work, and we talk about the things in our lives that aren’t perfect but we laugh about now, because it is what Carrie would have wanted.
Whether it is watching Postcards From the Edge or reading her books or watching Star Wars and beyond, live your life as Carrie Fisher would want you too. Which means with a diet coke and, of course, remember that she died drowned in moonlight, strangled by her own bra.
(image: Sascha Steinbach/GETTY IMAGES)
Here are some other stories we saw out there today:
- More Barbie programming is coming our way. (via ComicBook.com)
- Inside Amy Schumer is back with … Jerry Seinfeld’s daughter? (via Pajiba)
- HBO is not happy about the House of the Dragon finale leak online. (via Deadline)
- Julia Roberts struggled to be mean to George Clooney on the set of Ticket to Paradise (via Entertainment Weekly)
- Jimmy Kimmel kept his promise and booked Ariel Elias on his show after she had a beer chucked at her head during a set. (via Deadline)
Anything we missed out there today, Mary Suevians? Let us know what you saw in the comments below!
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]