Felicia Day Shares With Us Her Game Night Tips for International TableTop Day & Beyond
International TableTop Day is coming up this Saturday, April 11th! If you haven’t already made plans or are looking to get someone involved who’s never played before, have we got something special for you! Expert Felicia Day has some tips to get you started.
Felicia’s top 5 tips for an epic game night:
1. Have a good collection of games for all levels, don’t just have big strategy games that are intimidating, try to have games that appeal to newbies and experts alike!
2. Only try to learn 1 new game a night, and make sure someone already knows it beforehand to quickly guide people through the rules. You can spend a whole session just reading a manual! I’ve done it. Not fun.
3. Always start with a warmup game people can get into quickly, momentum is key to fill an awesome evening!
4. Make it a potluck, everyone has to bring a snack. Booze situational. Sugar a must.
5. Do not allow anyone to eat pizza and touch your playing cards or playing pieces. That’s a long-term health hazard.
Ok but what if your family and friends aren’t familiar with this kind of gaming but you think they’d love it?
3 tips to get your family or friends into TableTop games:
1. Small short games are a great way to hook people who aren’t gamers. Love Letter, Munchkin, Sushi Go, there are tons to choose from. “Casual” is a gateway to “Hardcore Addict.”
2. When introducing people to a new game, try to find one in the vein of a video game or movie franchise that your less experienced friends are fans of, they’ll be more into it if there’s something familiar or something they like.
3. Watch an episode of Tabletop together! Preferably one where I win :D
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]