Things We Saw Today: Chadwick Boseman—A Tribute for a King Is Streaming on Disney+
We are all still collectively dealing with the loss of actor Chadwick Boseman, who passed away from colon cancer last week. As part of the tribute to him, Disney+ and 20/20 are releasing a special called Chadwick Boseman—Tribute to King.
— Disney+ (@disneyplus) September 4, 2020
The 40-minute special, which originally aired on August 30th and is hosted by Robin Roberts, celebrates Chadwick Boseman’s life, legacy, career, and the cultural imprint he made on and off-screen. Hopefully, in addition the Disney+ availability, the special will also be put on YouTube so people everywhere can enjoy it without needing to sign up for a streaming service.
- Writer Matt Baume breaks down “Woman to Woman,” the lesbian wedding episode of the Black sitcom classic Living Single. (via HuffPo)
- A great piece exploring what that hair cut scene from Mulan means from an Asian American perspective. (via Polygon)
- Amber Ruffin continues to be a delight. (via Vulture)
- Be Kind Rewind is back!
- Trump makes Joe Biden look older in ads and just … sigh. (via HuffPo)
- Breaking down Starlight’s costume on The Boys. (via Syfy Wire)
(image: Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images for GQ)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]