It’s not like there’s any shortage of television shows and movies out there, but just in case you were feeling like you needed a new glut of content to keep you going through the next however many months we have left of our new socially distanced lifestyles, the internet has provided. A ton of new trailers and teasers were released today. Here are some that caught our eye.
The Baby-Sitters Club
We’ve been really excited for Netflix’s adaptation of the Ann M. Martin book series from our childhoods and now we finally have our first teaser. I have a major personal peeve with phones ringing in TV and movies (it’s like nails on a chalkboard) and I still love this clip, that’s how cute it is.
Season one hits Netflix July 3rd.
— Netflix Family (@netflixfamily) May 8, 2020
The final season of The 100 starts Wednesday, May 20th. Season 6 ended on a major cliffhanger so to tide you over, TVGuide.com has a great dissection of the trailer, sussing out any possible clues for what’s in store. (Meaning possible spoilers, so beware.)
— The 100 (@cwthe100) May 8, 2020
No one in the Mary Sue Slack chat seemed to even know this film existed until today, which seems VERY STRANGE. Elisabeth Moss plays horror novelist Shirley Jackson in this movie directed by Josephine Decker and executive-produced by Martin Scorsese. It’ll be here June 5th.
Yes, God, Yes
This movie, starring Stranger Things’ Natalia Dyer, has big Saved! energy and I’m into it.
— Yes, God, Yes (@yesgodyesfilm) May 8, 2020
It’s not exactly a trailer, but Netflix released a new clip of the Michelle Obama documentary Becoming, which is already out!
The King of Staten Island
This semi-autobiographical film, which is streaming starting June 12th, has been getting a lot of attention for potentially pushing Saturday Night Live’s Pete Davidson into full-blown movie star territory. I don’t know if that’ll happen but the movie looks funny and very dark, with Davidson’s character grappling with the death of his father, a firefighter who died on 9/11 (as did Davidson’s actual father). It was co-written by Davidson, Judd Apatow, and SNL’s Dave Sirus.
Which trailers are you most excited for? Did we miss any? Let us know in the comments!
- The sequels to both Avatar and Lord of the Rings may be starting production back up soon in New Zealand. (via Coming Soon)
- Melinda Gates (of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which has donated billions to medical research) gives the Trump Administration a D- when it comes to their coronavirus response. When they’re no national response, she says, what you end up with is “50 different homegrown state solutions.” Sounds about right. (via Politico)
- We’ll have more on this in coming days but for now we’re just excited about this news that Temuera Morrison is headed back to the Star Wars universe to play Boba Fett! (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- I cannot process this video:
im losing my mind. there is no way you’re going to be able to predict what this ad is trying to sell you
finally, now more than ever, women can buy our product pic.twitter.com/f68JCM7vvt
— bara godzilla (@baraGodzilla) May 8, 2020
- Nearly half of men say they’re doing the most of the homeschooling now. Only 3% of women agree with their assessment. (via New York Times)
- And for some Peak Friday Content, here is Seal’s “Kiss From a Rose,” as performed by actual seals. (via Boing Boing)
What did you all see out there today?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]