- There’s an awful racist contingent to The Hunger Games news floating around today. Apparently, some fans are annoyed that Rue was cast with an African-American actor. Even though the character is describes as having dark skin in the novel. Huh. (via The Frisky)
- DC Comics’ Batwoman, by J.H. Williams III and W. Haden Blackman, picked up a GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding Comic Book.
- Wear the Cheese has put some of our favorite 80s characters to the Blechdel Test. That is, a scene in a show or movie in which two women discuss something that has nothing to do with a man. See if She-Ra, Rainbow Brite, and Jem pass.
- Colin Smith blogs his thoughts on Wonder Woman #7 (which our own Susana had something to say about). It’s an interesting read.
Um…I might have to shave my head now. (via Fashionably Geek)
- We’ve got the first, blurry, set photos from the CW’s Green Arrow show that feature Black Canary. No, unfortunately, no in costume. (via Blastr)
- Belvedere Vodka President Charles Gibb apologized for the horribly offensive, rape-suggesting, ad on their Facebook page the other day. “It should never have happened. I am currently investigating the matter to determine how this happened and to be sure it never does so again,” he said. The company also made a donation to RAINN, the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network. (via Yahoo)
Thank god this didn’t happen at my theater. I probably would have died without seeing The Hunger Games. (via He Geek, She Geek)