Six video game couples that have stuck with me over the years, each representing a different sort of love.
The Mary Sue’s Blade Runner Fan Work Contest!
by Susana Polo | 12:57 pm, November 7th, 2012
Good afternoon, cyberpunks, retrofuturists, and cinema nerds. Ready to submit cool stuff, get judged by your internet peers, and maybe win the 30th Anniversary Collector’s Edition Blu-ray release of Blade Runner, a piece of science fiction film history that’s been inspiring artists and designers for more than a quarter of a century, containing not just one, or two, but four cuts of the the movie?
Well, get ready.
Warner Bros. has offered us two copies of the Collector’s Edition for giveaway, a multi disc Blu-ray and DVD combo set packed with extras (details at the bottom of the post).
But there was a catch. They want to see your Blade Runner inspired art. Fan art, nail art, cosplay, fashion sets, makeup tutorials, anything that you can package as a .jpg image. You submit it, we put it in a Facebook gallery, and then it’s a free for all: the two pictures with the most shares at the end of a week will each win the set. Interested? We thought you might be. Even if you don’t submit anything, think of all the cool stuff we’ll get to look at!
Here are the details:
- Submit a picture of your Blade Runner inspired work (it can consist of a collage of images, as long as they are ONE .jpg file) to contests at themarysue dot com by 1pm eastern time on November 16th. That’s
one week from nowFriday! We’ve officially extended the deadline by a few days! One submission per contestant, please, or you will be disqualified.
- We’ll compile all the entries into a gallery on our Facebook Page (why not give it a like while you’re there?), and once we’ve done that, we’ll get back to all of our contestants with a link to their specific entry.
- After that it’s up to you! You’ll have one week for folks to share your submission, after which we’ll tally the two most popular winners and contact them for their prize shipping info. Warner Bros. will ship to the U.S. and Canada. Sorry, everybody else!
If you’re interested in voting, just watch our front page and our Tumblr! We’ll post updates on the contest and samples of the submissions we get in both places. Just for good measure, here’s some existing, awesome Blade Runner stuff that would totally fall under the purview of this contest:
And finally, the full details on that Blu-ray set:
Disc Content and Special Features:
Disc 1—The Final Cut
- Introduction to the Final Cut by Director Ridley Scott
- Ridley Scott Introduction to the 1982 Theatrical Cut
- Ridley Scott Introduction to the 1982 International Theatrical Cut
- Ridley Scott Introduction to 1991 Director’s Cut
- Dangerous Days: The Making of documentary
- Featurette The Electric Dreamer: Author Philip K. Dick
- Featurette Sacrificial Sheep: The Novel vs. The Film
- Philip K. Dick: The Blade Runner Interviews (Audio)
- Featurette Signs of the Times: Graphic Design
- Featurette Fashion Forward: Wardrobe and Styling
- Screen Tests: Rachael and Pris
- Featurette The Light That Burns: Remembering Jordan Cronenweth
- Deleted and Alternate Scenes
- 1982 Promotional Featurettes
- Trailers and TV Spot
- The rare Workprint Feature Version
- Introduction by Ridley Scott
- Commentary by Future Noir Author Paul M. Sammon
- All Our Variant Futures
- Syd Mead Gallery
- Commentary by Director Ridley Scott
- Commentary by Executive Producer/ Co-Screenwriter Hampton Fancher and Co-Screenwriter David Peoples; Producer Michael Deely and production executive Katherine Haber
- Commentaries by visual futurist Syd Mead; production designer Lawrence G. Paull, art director David L. Snyder and special photographic effects supervisors Douglas Trumbull, Richard Yuricich and David Dryer