What's with the name?
Allow us to explain.
by Susana Polo | 10:13 am, August 14th, 2012
If you looked at this and wondered just how far into the future Marty McFly had to travel to bring Princess Leia back to the 80s with him, you could be forgiven. DenisM79, the creator of these images (who we recognize from his cowgirl Wonder Woman) acnowledges that his 80s high school adventure redesign of Luke was inspired by Back to the Future's hero.
But he didn't stop at Luke and Leia. We warn you: best not to think too hard about how the familial and age relationships of Star Wars are altered here.
Remember what I said about not thinking too hard?
Tries not to think about the creepy janitor version of Jabba's sail barge...
Tries even harder not to think about creepy Janitor version of Jabba putting Leia in chains and a metal bikini...
[View All on One Page]
(DenisM79 via Fashionably Geek.)
Are you following The Mary Sue on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, & Google +?
Back to the Future | DenisM79 | Star Wars
“We warn you: best not to think too hard about how the familial and age relationships of Star Wars are altered here.”
Probably the same way they were handled in “George Lucas in Love” :D
Han and Chewie just made me so happy. Especially Han’s shorty shorts.
Man, Lando is adorable.
“If you looked at this and wondered just how far into the future Marty McFly had to travel to bring Princess Leia back to the 80s with him”
But… but… Star Wars took place a long time ago! Wouldn’t he have had to go backwards? ;)
This was sort of already done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkxdcCswfq0
But very clever and appealing all the same. So, Han would definitely be a pot dealer, right?
EDIT: Ah, never mind, Ladies Making Comics already caught it.
Am I the only one that really wants Leia’s top? Its awesome.
That is definitively how C3PO and R2D2 would look as humans and I love it.
I’ma need you to look at these sketches and do what you do best. Doesn’t need to be shot by shot. Thank you.
“If you looked at this and wondered just how far into the future Marty McFly had to travel…” I think someone needs to watch the first moment of “Star Wars” again… http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111022213850/starwars/images/thumb/4/41/A_long_time_ago.jpg/640px-A_long_time_ago.jpg
Well, at least you could probably tie THIS to the original canon with less plot holes than the prequels created!
Here’s how I like to think of this:
- Luke & Leia are still siblings, and actually know it, but they have a mixed family. There’s brief sexual tension before their parents marry.
- Han and Chewie are their buddies (Han & Leia have UST).
- C-3PO (Cecil Threpio) is Luke’s cousin and R2-D2 (Artie Dee, the 2nd) is his best friend. They tend to tag along.
- Lando is Han’s good friend but not as close with the others.
- Vader is Principal Palpatine’s grandson (on his mom’s side) and cousin to Leia, but there’s a family feud since Vader’s dad didn’t like Bail Organa marrying Luke’s poor mom (in this universe, that’d be Shmi who worked for low wages at W’s Auto [Watto, get it?]), so Vader and Palpatine hate L&L and their friends.
- Boba and the Stormtroopers are obviously Vader’s Quadbike riding gang.
- Jabba’s the custodian, obviously, and Greedo’s his punk son.
- Tarkin’s the assistant principal and head disciplinarian.
- Yoda’s Ben Kenobi’s old mentor and the head coach, while Kenobi’s “uncle” (as in family friend) to L&L. He teaches philosophy and fencing.
Also, 80′s Bobba Fett. Hot dayum. He needs to go without the helmet more often.
Um, these are amazing.
Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Did you watch the 2013 Academy Awards? Here's our take on the geekiest moments of the show.
© 2013 TheMarySue, LLC |
About Us |
User Agreement |
Dan Abrams, Founder |
Hosting by Datagram