I’ll never give up hope but let’s not jinx ourselves, Duchovny.
Ahh, Mulder and Scully. No matter what happens to The X-Files franchise, they are living happily ever after in my mind.
Previously both stars, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, had told the press they are absolutely down for doing another film. Creator Chris Carter also won’t let the dream die saying last year it’s up to Twentieth Century Fox. “I have an idea for a third movie in my head. The colonisation date has passed [in the series, the date for the alien invasion was December 22, 2012 - Ed.] and that is something we wouldn’t ignore,” he said. “For the second movie, we only had the budget for a standalone story, but we want to go back to the mythology.”
But Duchovny is stirring the pot again, this time speaking to Rolling Stone. Though Carter says he has an idea, Duchovny says there’s no script, “I’m friends with Chris, and I’m sure he would have said something” and reiterated Fox’s part in it all, “It’s just a matter of interest from Fox and scheduling.”
“Chris has got a new show. Gillian’s working. I’m working. It’s not impossible, but it’s not easy. And I never think it’s done. I’d say, it’s never done until one of us dies – until one of us three is gone,” he told Rolling Stone. “I would always want to do it. I wish we’d done more already. I wish the second one did better business. I think it did OK business, but not the kind of business where you get to do another one right away.”
What about you? Would you want to see the colonization storyline continued or something else?