Things We Saw Today: The Cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation Reunited—for Dinner
It’s a Labor Day miracle: six members of the cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation met up at a restaurant, and they look like the happiest of families.
I can’t stop smiling over this picture, that features LeVar Burton (La Forge), Gates McFadden (Dr. Crusher), the man himself Sir Patrick Stewart (Picard), Marina Sirtis (Troi), Brent Spiner (Data), and Michael Dorn (Worf).
Posted on Sirtis’ Twitter account, the actress wrote, “The gang’s all here. Well most of them anyway.” The only ones missing from the old main crew are Jonathan Frakes (Riker), Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher), and Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar).
— Marina Sirtis (@Marina_Sirtis) September 3, 2018
Everyone looks absolutely fabulous and I love how they’re all cozied up together. These are folks who worked together for many years, and they appear to still be good friends, and my cold, frozen heart has melted. Fingers crossed that Sir Patrick was talking them up on the idea of making appearances on his upcoming Jean-Luc Picard show for CBS. Make it so, please.
(via The Wrap, images: Twitter, Paramount)
- “The best Doctor Who companion you’ve probably never heard of is coming back.” (via io9)
- A run-down of some hidden gems you might be missing on Netflix. (via Pajiba)
- Syfy’s Fandom Files podcast talks to four fans who turned their nerdery into a nerdy, sustaining job. (via Syfy)
- Trump spent his Labor Day yelling at his attorney general, Jeff Sessions, for doing his job, and please rescue me from this dystopic nightmare where I have to sort of low-key root for Jeff Sessions. (via HuffPo)
- An ode to Adventure Time. (via Vox)
What did you see today?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com