The Mary Sue Is Hiring a Video Producer!
The Mary Sue is looking for an internet culture junkie with some serious video production skills to be our brand new video producer! We need someone who has a strong sense of what our audience cares about, has something to say about the news, feminism, and geek culture, and knows how to turn it all into video that our readers want to watch and share.
Here’s what the video producer will be expected to do on a daily basis:
- Pitch ideas for unique, creative video content
- Write, shoot, and edit videos
- Assist with Facebook Live video shoots
- Publish video content to multiple social media platforms
- Scour the internet for other video creators to collaborate with
These are the qualities we’re looking for in the ideal candidate:
- Proud feminist and a proud geek
- Always on top of the latest thing in online fandom
- Works quickly under tight deadlines
- Can work full-time from our office in Midtown NYC
What do we want in your application? These things sent to email@example.com:
- The subject line of your email must read: “TMS Video Producer 2017”
- A brief cover letter as the BODY of your email
- Your resume/CV (as an attachment) or LinkedIn profile (pick one).
- Link(s) to your existing video work and/or portfolio/reel
- Link(s) to your personal website/blog and any public social media accounts if applicable