Things We Saw Today: The Avengers Assemble for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
Plus Wolverine, Bly Manor, and more!
Joe and Anthony Russo, the directors of Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame, are assembling the Avengers one more time. Their mission? To fundraise for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. The Russo brothers have recruited Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Mark Ruffalo, Don Cheadle, Paul Rudd, and Zoe Saldana for Biden’s virtual “Voters Assemble” event.
The event will be held on Tuesday, October 20th at 6:45PM ET, and will feature a trivia game and a Q+A with the cast. Kamala Harris will also be dropping by to chat with the Avengers.
Samuel L. Jackson has already recorded his own ad for the Biden campaign:
The event follows similar pop culture and nerdy fundraising initiatives like last week’s Trek the Vote, which featured several Star Trek cast members chatting with Pete Buttigieg, Andrew Yang, Julian Castro, and Stacey Abrams.
— Representative Daniel Hernandez Jr (@danielforaz) October 13, 2020
You can find out more about Voters Assemble! HERE and grab yourself a front row seat to the online fundraiser.
We’ve gotten word that the Borg and Thanos are hosting a Trump fundraiser, and we’ll keep you updated as we learn more.
(via Deadline, image: Marvel)
- The finale of Lovecraft Country airs tonight, here’s what to expect. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- Tonight also brings us the return of Supermarket Sweep, the show we all wished we were on when we were kids/adults. (via Collider)
- Check out this fan film about Wolverine at a barber shop! (via CBR)
- Let’s find all the ghosts hiding in The Haunting of Bly Manor. (via Nerdist)
- Go behind the scenes of Tales From the Hood 3. (via Syfy)
- Watch the cast of The Walking Dead do a table-read! (via Entertainment Weekly)
- We’re obsessed with the Emily in Parisite IG account:
Hope you’re having a great Sunday, Mary Suevians!
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org