Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Things We Saw Today: Wings That Make Your Already-Fly Shoes Soar!
by Kellie Foxx-Gonzalez | 5:02 pm, July 25th, 2012
Why yes, the title of this post is a terrible joke. But I sincerely hope these Shwings make up for it. (via Fashionably Geek.)
- Love World of Warcraft, but hate being unable to play as an anthropomorphic panda? Not to worry, The Mists of Pandaria expansion will hit stores September 25th. (via WoW Insider.)
- This is a thing in the world: The Damson Dene Hotel in England has replaced the traditional nightstand Bible with copies of Fifty Shades of Grey. I actually can’t think of a single snarky thing to say. (via The Jane Dough.)
- Read about how the 1920s film The Daughter of Dawn, a love story featuring an entirely Native American cast of people from the Comanche and Kiowa nations, was made and then forgotten. (via Neatorama.)
LittleBigPlanet 2 is getting a visit from the Disney princesses! Cue your collective “awwwww.” (via Joystiq.)
- Evan at Kotaku takes a look at the political significance of Aveline, the black female protagonist of Assassin’s Creed: Liberation. (via Kotaku.)
- Here’s a short history of the New Jersey Festival of Ballooning, which showcases 40 hot air balloons, including an 86-foot-tall Darth Vader one. (via NJ.com)
- Watch Jim Sterling, of The Escapist’s Jimquisition, dispute the notion that including female models in FPS games isn’t worth the effort. (via The Escapist.)
This Dalek is sure to exterminate anyone who tries to break into this TARDIS shed! (via Neatorama.)
- This map of Gotham came included in The Dark Knight Manual. Can you spot the influence of any major cities?(via The Huffington Post.)
- This fantastic interview with Ursula K. Le Guin, acclaimed Sci-Fi author, reveals her favorite books, her opinion on the state of publishing, and her thoughts on the Occupy movement. (via Wired.)
- Christopher Nolan’s advice for the next Batman director? Ignore him entirely. (via Blastr.)
- TV's Best Fake Websites
- Is Gretchen Wearing A Recycled Engagement Ring?
- Movie Mistakes: Low Budget Or Bad Editing?
- The 10 Most Hilariously Wrong Jeopardy Answers