It’s October 28th already, and you don’t have a Halloween costume. But worry not, because we’ve got your back.
Things We Saw Today: Our First Official Picture of the Doctor’s New Companion
by Susana Polo | 4:57 pm, March 23rd, 2012
Jenna-Louise Coleman‘s character doesn’t have a name yet, but she does have this sweater, unless this is not a shot of Coleman in costume and just a shot of her in front of the TARDIS. (BBC America.tumblr)
- The Frisky offers nearly a score of Hunger Games pick up lines, each as funny or depressing as the last.
Jill Thompson mocks up a Wonder Woman sneaker at least as cool as Converse’s, if not more. (Twitter)
The remarkable likeness of this lady cosplaying Samara of Mass Effect becomes less creepy when you realize she’s the model that Bioware based Samara on. It’s still an incredible costume. (Neatorama)
- According to the AP, at least five executives have left the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation since the controversy over it refusing grants to Planned Parenthood.
- In lighter news, Marvel wants to pay you a net $2 to buy their comics next week. You must use that $2 to buy more of their comics.
These custom Portal sneakers won’t help you jump good, but they’re still pretty rad. (Kotaku)
- Apparently a couple of dudes in in Ann Arbor, Michigan got in an argument, and the police had to intervene. One of them was taken to the hospital. Reportedly, they disagreed over J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis. Alcohol was apparently, to no one’s surprise, involved. (Blastr)
- Russel T. Davies says lawyers forced him to change the name of his new series Aliens vs. Wizards. To Wizards vs. Aliens. Yup. (Blastr)