Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Things We Saw Today: My Nail-art Totoro
by Susana Polo | 5:04 pm, April 23rd, 2012
See, this sort of thing makes me wish that I had any kind of steady hands. And the ability to do anything mundane task when my nails are even slightly longer than my fingertips. (The Uniblog)
- This crusading T-rider in Boston singlehandedly made sure the guy who flashed her was brought to justice… and self-describes it as a She-Hulk Moment. (The Frisky)
Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) has been confirmed for an appearance in Cartoon Network’s Young Justice. (DC Women Kicking Ass)
And as long as we’re on the subject of Batman, here’s some art of Helena Wayne, Robin of Earth 2, from the upcoming series. We still love her costume. Comic Book Resources has an interview with artist Nicola Scott.
- Colin Smith has some things to say about Wonder Woman, and people who suggest that characterizing the Amazons as seducers, slavers, murderers, and baby killers was excusable because it was mythically appropriate. (Too Busy Thinking About My Comics)
Keep your eyes on the sky and follow this handy chart. (Fashionably Geek)
- GeekFeminism explores objectification, both when a culture does it to a person, and when a person does it to themselves: basically, how it makes simple things (like getting dressed, or doing cosplay) complicated.
These Lady Avengers, however, seem to be having a lot of fun with their bad selves. (Flickr)
- The Hunger Games, fresh off their first not-topping-the-box-office weekend since the movie premiered a month ago, is returning to IMAX theaters for a limited time.
- Movie Mistakes: Low Budget Or Bad Editing?
- Why A List Actors Star in Horrible Horror Films
- TV's Best Fake Websites
- Once Upon a Time: Better Than Ever?