It’s October 28th already, and you don’t have a Halloween costume. But worry not, because we’ve got your back.
Things We Saw Today: Miss Piggy Wearing the Actual Hope Diamond
by Susana Polo | 5:01 pm, September 24th, 2013
Today is Jim Henson‘s birthday, and in honor of that date, nearly two dozen of his puppets will now join the original Kermit the Frog in the Smithsonian’s collection. So yes. This is Miss Piggy wearing the actual Hope Diamond. Piggy herself will go on permanent display, presumably along with Kermit, and presumably with the diamond back at the National History Museum. (Smithsonian)
- Feel good story of the day: family hosts two hundred of Atlanta’s homeless instead of canceling their wedding reservations. (The Frisky)
- An interesting story about One Direction fans, fandom, and a media that belittles the obsessions of young girls while it makes billions off of them. (The Conversation)
- Popular Science is shutting down their comments section, because it’s detrimental to scientific understanding.
We’re loving Ainsley and her Sorceress costume quite a bit. (Epbot)
- The women who mapped our universe and went unrecognized. (The Smithsonian)
- You’ll have to click this link to see Julianne Moore‘s President Coin hair. (New York Daily News)
Sherlock Legos will probably eventually be deemed not family friendly enough for Lego, but Cuusoo voters can hope. (Nerd Approved)