Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Things We Saw Today: Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Plywood Ark
by Susana Polo | 5:03 pm, June 14th, 2012
The magic of movies, everyone! Also, the magic of silhouettes. (Blastr)
- The Frisky recommends some summer reading we wholly approve of.
- Aisha Tyler responds to criticism that she’s not a real gamer and only attended this year’s E3 for “money and fame” like a boss. (Facebook via Daily of the Day)
I wouldn’t trust anyone who serves you wine in these glasses. I mean, get a wine glass, for crissakes. (That’s Nerdalicious!)
- Then again, if they keep their wine on this thing, they can do whatever the fuck they want.
- Want to see a Static Shock fan film? Visit this Kickstarter.
Natalie Kim is retelling the story of actual person Cheng I Sao (a.k.a. Cheng Shih), a former prostitute who took over her dead pirate husband’s fleet and became one of the most successful pirates of all time, in comic form. (Boing Boing)
- Remember this awesome cosplayer? If you did, then you might want to hear what the writer of the putative Wonder Woman fan film she might be starring in has to say about writing the character, and then help them fund it. (Forever Geek)
But what I really need is a grill that understands the binary language of moisture evaporators. (Geeks are Sexy)
- Okay! One more crowd funded project and then that’s it for today: The amazing Dylan Meconis (who, by the by, is the person who reccommended Christianne Goudreau, the designer of our logos, to us) is using Kickstarter to fund not just one, nor two, but three books at a time. It’s already half funded, and there are a lot of goodies in there.
And here’s something to make you go awwww. Awwwww. (Geek-Art)
- Why A List Actors Star in Horrible Horror Films
- Once Upon a Time: Better Than Ever?
- Movie Mistakes: Low Budget Or Bad Editing?
- Avengers 2 Reveals Two New Characters in its Script